Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Menus for the Week

I thought since I've gone through all the trouble of making a menu and a shopping list, I should share it and let you use it if you want to. I plan to do this each week. Feel free to come back and get next week's menus, too. You can also comment on what your family liked, didn't like if you decide to use any of these menus. That doesn't mean I'll change my menus, it just means I'll know if you liked it or not.

Day 1: Chili, Corn Bread, Applesauce, Green Beans

Day 2: Baked Beans, Rice, Apricots, Corn

Day 3: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green Beans, Breadsticks, Peach Cobbler

Day 4: Baked Potatoes with Cheese, Sour Cream, and Ham, Corn, Salad, Fruit Salad

Day 5: Roasted Chicken, Rice, Grapefruit-Spinach Salad, Green Beans

Day 6: Cabbage Stew, Rolls, Baked Apples

Day 7: Potato-Sausage-and-Corn Chowder, Rolls, Fruit Jello

Shopping List:

1 can Fruit Cocktail
1 box Jello
4 cans Chili
Applesauce
6 cans Green Beans
3 cans Baked Beans
1 lb Rice
2 cans Apricots
6 cans Corn
1 can Tomatoes
1 lb Spaghetti
1 jar Peanut Butter
1 bottle Pancake Syrup
1 can Peaches
1 can Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Whole Chicken
1 lb Stew Meat
1 lb Sausage
2 lbs Potatoes
4 Gallons Milk
8 oz. Cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 lb. butter
1 tub Sour Cream
1 Head of Lettuce
1 Head of Cabbage
Onion
Celery
Mixed Fruit for Salad & Lunches

Check to make sure you have flour, sugar, oats, brown sugar, yeast, corn meal, and whatever you eat for breakfast and lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your comments. Please be patient while I moderate each one.