Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekly Shopping List and Menu for Saving Money

Hey, it's time once again to go shopping for the family and stock up those cupboards. Since I already went to the trouble of planning the menus and shopping lists, I'll be your weekly menu planner and offer you the online printable grocery lists. You just have to print them off and go shopping, as long as your kids are as picky as mine. I try to keep things simple and easy on the budget. I like gourmet stuff, but my kids don't and I get tired of hearing them whine. I've tried those fancy menus and grocery lists, but my family turned up their noses and the expensive ingredients didn't help our pocket book. So, here's my frugal menus for the week.

Day 1
Pizza, Salad with Hidden Valley Ranch, Bread Sticks

Day 2
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham (homemade), Broccoli, Peaches

Day 3
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Salad, Berries with Whipped Cream

Day 4
Tacos, Mexican Rice, Corn, Pears

Day 5
Baked Beans, Mixed Vegetables, Rice, Applesauce

Day 6
BBQ Salsa Chili (recipe following), Corn Bread, Baked Apples

Day 7
Shepherd's Pie, Fruited Jell-O, Salad

Shopping List:
6 cans Tomato Sauce
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Chilis
1 can Diced Tomatoes Italian Style
3 cans Baked Beans
2 cans Chili
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Corn
1 can Green Beans
1 can Peaches
1 can Pears
1 jar Applesauce
1 can Fruit Cocktail
1 can Pineapple
1 box Jell-o
1 bag Raisins
Instant Potatoes or Real Potatoes, your choice
Rice
Taco Seasoning (or make your own)
Tomato Bouillon
Salsa
1 package Macaroni
1 package Spaghetti
French Bread or Sourdough Bread
Bread for lunches
Garlic
6 Apples
1 head Lettuce
3 Tomatoes
1 Cucumber
1 cup Whipping Cream
1.5 lb. Cheese
4 Gallons Milk
1 lb Butter
1 bag pepperoni
1 package Canadian Bacon
1 package Ham (for Mac and Cheese)
3 lbs. Hamburger
1 bag Frozen Berries
1 bag Frozen Broccoli
1 bag Frozen Corn
1 bag mixed vegetables

Make sure you have flour, yeast, cornmeal, oil, brown sugar, sugar, salt

recipe for BBQ Salsa Chili
1 can kidney beans
2 cans Chili
1 can diced tomatoes with chili
1 can corn
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
salt and pepper and seasonings to taste

Mix all in a pot and heat it up. Easy as that. Tastes great. My kids helped me invent this one.

By the way, my kids usually cook dinner with me, which is why I choose easy stuff to make.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to have to check back here. I can't stand planning meals :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. It's good to know someone is reading these. I love to help people out and if this helps, it makes me feel good. I have always loved to have my shopping list organized so I can save money by not going back to the store every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shopping list ! You have it down to a science...Awesome, makes preparing meals so much easier...the menu ? I love it and I could come and eat at your house anytime...you all like the same types of foods I do !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I'm glad you like it. I'm late posting for this week because we're still eating holiday leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have your comments. Please be patient while I moderate each one.